Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What makes me tick - 'da boyz!

What makes your life special?

My boys are 6.5 and 1.5 years old. They’re awesome. Already showing signs of becoming a pro athlete and famous musician (as per my husband lol) we are very fortunate that they are both happy and healthy. Being a mom is one of the most amazing things that has ever happened to me. The ironic thing, however, is that growing up I never aspired to be a mama. I've always liked kids and I was a babysitter in my teens, but I was always focused on my career after university, not having a family of my own. Don't get me wrong I am a family-oriented person and very close to my parents and sister, but I never dreamed of producing offspring. Or at least the thought never crossed my mind until I turned 30. All that changed when I had my first son Connor in 2004, and re-affirmed again when Brock came along almost two years ago. Ever since my boys came into my life, I’ve changed. I now truly understand the importance of a mom’s affection for her babies and the term "motherly love." Being a mom has made me appreciate my own mom more too. So I guess this is my little tribute to all moms out there for their hard work and dedication to their families. Without you (us) our kids would not know how strong a mother’s love/bond is in life. Even if they don’t realize it until they’re older… much love ~KLB

No comments:

Post a Comment